Thursday, March 26, 2009

Cluster built, still problems with 3D to be fixed...

Hi guys... after having built the cluster using basically all possible ways/technology I still have to find a way to make 3D "things" work... It is not going to be easy because the virtual machine 3D support is still experimental... also VMWare Server does not support 3D yet, just Workstation (which is not free) does...
But... my video card is a crappy one and my host system is Ubuntu... I would like to try running 3D on a Windows machine using VirtualBox... I will be doing this very soon...

3 comments:

  1. Just thought I'd let you know that it is possible to get a Torque game running as a dedicated server in a virtual environment (last semesters diploma networking group managed it). Technically a dedicated server for a Torque game won't actually be using the graphics. However the engine won't run if it cannot find graphics support in the system.

    Unfortunately I can't tell you exactly how last years group did it since essentially that's what you're supposed to be figuring out, and besides I don't really understand how it was done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If all I need to do is running the --server-- part I will be ok!!! The graphic part will be run by the client... Tnx!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty much, except the server part won't run unless directX is installed.

    ReplyDelete