Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ares, God of War

After Reviewing Ares, I don't care if anyone says im a perfectionist. I mean nothing I ever make is perfect anyway >:(
But yeah, I don't like the model so I'm reworking, off my own drawings etc.
May take a few days. I'll try to keep it under 3500 tris. Don't know how though ><
Almost everything is done with texturing, in low poly models; but even the mesh seems to be hard to cut down :S

peace :)

-- followup progress
He's got the horsehair tail, kilt, gauntlets and boots; quite a lot of mesh :/ and I'm still going to add a few other things. It's still <2000 polys atm, but I kind of want it to stay here.

7 comments:

  1. Do what you can, then have Tim give you a hand cutting down the poly count.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After some research into mythology etc. Ares has three main 'aspects' we can tie in to his player-avatar. We could make these a 'stance' for him?

    Horse - Stamina (more health)
    Cheetah - Speed (faster attacks and speed)
    Lion - Strength (harder hits)

    Alternatively, they can just be the names of his abilities

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome... blue screen cut me back a couple hours: reminder to all ... SAVE CONSTANTLY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2000 polys. I can mix and match and alter.. but altogether, I just don't like it.. The base mesh is all over the place. It could be made simpler: namely the arms... helmet.. legs.. I think I need some kind of lesson for making low-poly chars that are in proportion. Maybe just some quick advice even?

    The models ive looked at from pros - they make full use of every single poly. The models they make are of course in their texture and clever use of techniques etc.

    Sorry been using this spot as a kinda comment space to myself :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next time I put details on Ares ill create a new post; want to get him in there asap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be away from now til Tuesday so i wont be able to get much done... again >.>;

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's fine. Check your email or phone to find out what I'm going to get Will and Jerry (if he's alive) to start on Monday.

    ReplyDelete