Monday, April 6, 2009

Win2008... sh***t...

I kind of knew it... I installed a Win2003 cluster using iSCSI connected to an OpenSource NAS target and everything worked really cool... But I kind of knew it... Windows 2008 iSCSI interface requires more iSCSI commands which are not implemented yet on the iSCSI target I was using (which is the best one if you are looking for something free... of course you can get better if you pay lots of $$).

But the funny thing is you can actually connect the Win 2008 using the MS iSCSI Initiator and you get no errors at all:


and I can assure you all... both the cluster nodes could connect to the remote partition!
But when you start your cluster... the tragedy happens... Windows could not start the device (the one which was working so sweet using Windows 2003):


So... no shared device no cluster... I knew it because I did read a lot of posts about it... I would not really want to build the cluster using same sort of "fake" technology like the ones which are provided with the virtual software... that would be too easy! But... I already have plan "B" ready to start... something really AWESOME is going to happen on my cluster! I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment