Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Animation Progress

I've gone through the motion capture data and most of it's pretty good. A few retakes will be necessary though and all of it needs tweaking. The sheer amount of time required to get the animations working in game is quite daunting and as such I think we should drop a few characters. Specifically I think we should drop Kali & Ra from the player characters, and the ghoul & lich from the monsters. This would mean we only have to capture data for Loki & the boss monster, do retakes for Ares & the scythe monster, and use Ares data for the skeleton monster. Obviously if we have time we would do the rest of the characters and if not we can place the static models in the gui as placeholders.
Of course ultimately we are programmers and it would be best if we could spend the majority of next term working the actual gameplay.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. A cutback is necessary, we are a small team and we're trying to accomplish too much. I'll drop ghoul and jump onto Loki asap. I've had mouth-surgery etc so I've been unable to really do anything recently.

    And remember. Technical documentation next term :D

    ReplyDelete