Thursday, April 23, 2009

Progress


I've been messing about trying to get the dividing wall set up.
Initially I wanted to set up a scene in Max using trees & foliage we would be using in game and then render it out as image that would be the texture of the actual divider plane object. I even found a model of some realistic grass that I wanted to use as ground coverage, unfortunately the grass model had quite a lot of polys and I needed 144 copies of the model to cover the desired area. This ended up creating a scene with ~750,000 polys, that max couldn't render (I got a too many faces error).
I decided to abandon the idea of putting the grass in the scene, in favour of rendering an image of the grass and placing the image on planes in the scene. Unfortunately I couldn't get the grass to render an image that would be tileable.
Abandoning the grass altogether I decided to just use some tileable textures I had. After numerous attempts to get a decent render I fincally gave up and ended up just making a flat tileable image.

Besides the divider I've done a little work on some technical documentation on exporting character models for TGEA from Max.


Additionally I've tested the animations for Ares & the Scythe Demon in-game, which was suprisingly frustrating due to a typo that stopped most of the animations from working the first time I tried them.

As for whatever else I was supposed to be working on..... I haven't done anything and I should probably check the Project Tracker on the wiki to find out what I should be doing (which itself badly needs updating).


On another nore you may have noticed already but Tim has finished the logo for the game (see the top of the page). I've added it to the UI and documentation, though I may add it to some additional UI screens in order to make better use of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment