Friday, May 15, 2009

Level and pathed camera


Finshed making a usable level, though I want the rest of the programming team have a chance to review it. I've implemented the pathed camera for the menu, the screenshot shows the camera at various points on its path, I'd post a video but it's too much trouble trying to capture in-game footage. I've had to modify the game scripts a bit so there is a new version of the game on the share called "UNDERGOD_150509" (only the scripts are included as I haven't changed the source recently).
Earlier this week I attempted to port AFX to the new Torque3D Beta1, unfortunately the changes to the lighting and shadow system as well as the Terrain rendering procedure means far too much time would be required to get a working build going even if various features are striped out (e.g. zodiacs, afx lights).
Next week I'm going to propose some changes to the character select GUI that should fix the problem with the fog shader. I need to get the textured version of the Scythe Demon into the game sometime and hopefully I'll be able to get a working Play GUI going soon. Then I'll start work on the AFX for special attacks.
We have also decided to drop the Minotaur as the Boss and promote the Scythe Demon. We had to do this as we haven't done the motion capture for the Minotaur, the rigging isn't quite finished and he isn't textured either. Hopefully we can still use Nick's awesome model as a statue or something.

5 comments:

  1. I knew I was forgetting something. Got to get ready for the presentation next monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will give you some ruin objects on Monday; just quickly textured. Are we having no additional weather effects?

    In any case see you on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other weather effects, do you mean a precipitation effect (rain or dust or something)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, rain or leaves or something; ive got a few models like cliff-face and ruins you can use; demonhead pillar etc.

    Im having some trouble rigging Ares. Don't know the best way to go about it. Just need some pointers :D

    I might just try make a highpoly and render the mesh to texture, some of the details are a pain to draw.

    presentation.. ill just display Ares, animations (prolly wont have them using Ares yet :/) sorry.
    Umm, various misc. models. All the base models of monsters i made (including the unused ones). Source changes for A* in 1.8.1 and 3D.
    And I suppose the GUI; thats about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah we'll talk about what sort of precipitation effect we want later.

    For my presentation I'm just going to print out all my blog posts and use them as prompts to remind me what I've actually done and then make some stuff up as go.

    ReplyDelete